Saturday, May 5, 2012

"If you don't follow your dream, who will?" ~Emeril Lagasse

I have a passion for service...those close to me can attest to this. Through the years I have allowed this passion to play itself out in the form of a youth leader, missionary, volunteer, caregiver and teacher. Now, I can finally say that my dream of adding Peace Corps Volunteer to the list is going to happen. 
In 2 months I will be leaving the states to serve in Cambodia. I will be splitting my time between a health clinic and a project of my own choosing; which will most likely have to do with teaching at the high school in my "town." 
My hope is that people use this blog to keep updated on the roller coaster that will be my life these next two years. Although I am extremely excited to start this next chapter in my life, I know it will not be smooth sailing and mistakes will be made but just as Mark Twain once said “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 
I hope that my simple musings will give you an insight into my life...please feel free to comment or email!

No comments:

Post a Comment